Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please! Gauges?!

I need to know if anyone knows anything about getting like custom gauges put in? I want like white ones, or blue ones or somethin! Thanks a lot!

·
Driver
987 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How hard is it to order something like that from Germany? Since I cant read the font, and prices are diff. currencys and all that? Anyone ever did it?

·
Driver
987 Posts
Notice they go up to 240 kph instead of 150 mph! See they make you go faster too!!:D

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
for those white gauges those are basiclly stickers that go onto the black face of the gauge correct.

·
Driver
987 Posts
Those are nice lookin'.
:D

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
NOT exactly . . .

opelenvy said:
Notice they go up to 240 kph instead of 150 mph! See they make you go faster too!!:D
ACTUALLY, 240 kph EQUALS 150 mph! MPH x 1.6 = KPH or 100 KpH = 61.6 MpH, remember?
:cool:

·
Driver
987 Posts
Re: NOT exactly . . .

tekenaar said:
ACTUALLY, 240 kph EQUALS 150 mph! MPH x 1.6 = KPH or 100 KpH = 61.6 MpH, remember?
:cool:
Uh, Otto, I was joking about going faster.:rolleyes:
Yes I know they read the same "actual" speed.
That's what the BG was for.
I AM 100% German, when I was born they measured me in cm not inches.:D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ive already talked to Gerry from Lenk Tuning about the white face "stickers"... You CAN order online but it didnt work too well for me. Gerry just said to call him directly and order via phone or fax. You can even snail mail the info... (the whiteface foil as they call it is only $20)

~k

·
"Newbie"
53 Posts
I was going to make a new post till i found this thread. speedracer parts makes electroluminescent gauge faces for various cars. the faces slip right over the needle and are white. with the light on they glow blue or you can make them green, they even have reverse indiglo available.
they do not have any for opels but if we get 10 people to do a buy in, and can send them a set of gauge faces they will make the product. total kit is 50 bucks and includes ac power inverter for the faces. cheepest kit i have found.

we did a buy in on the saabcentral forums. i had as set for the saab 900 and the faces were beautiful, very clean and professionally done. the added light at night was wonderfull too. intensity of the light could be adjusted. installation literally took 30 mins and the wiring can easily be hidden. inverter is very small.

I want some of these for the opel gt like my saab 900 had. anyone else interested in a buy in? here is the link, the buy in info is under model development. here are some pics of the faces that i didn't use for the saab.

·
1971 Opel GT
380 Posts
... yeah. actually. all stock guages including clock. i'd be in. 50 bucks per guage or what?

·
"Newbie"
53 Posts
for the saab it included all gauges, i would need to send them an email to find out for sure on the opel. give me a day or so. subscribe to the thread and i will post a responce when i get one.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts