Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to eat at a little resurant in Maple Hill, Ks and what do I see? A white GT on a small trailer rig (w/ a old Plymoth). Of course, I had to look at the underneath as well. Has spraycan blue around the fender well and rockers. Looked like stock 1.9 and 4 sp, with flex pipe exhaust and a cherry bomb. Anyone here own it? Wife was annoyed when I asked the shop owner if she knew anything about it. Said: "You don't need three Opels!". She dosen't understand Opelitis and it's affect on the mind yet. :p . I guess the troopers pulled it over cause the trucker had a problem with backup braking or some such.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
That one if I'm right came from the Colorado side of the 4 corners area. A college student that was back east had it and was thinking of fixing it then decided to sell it. Before that it was in a scrap yard in Walsenburg CO. Glad to see that it has found a home after getting so close to being scrapped. I did see it on Ebay a few months back but don't remember if it sold or not.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THAT would have been a shame to scrap. Lot's of potential there and I'm glad to see it going somewhere. Just as long as it isn't used for "parts", it's got a fairly good body.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calvin, you didn't see #1, you saw the #2 GT, which will be stock. My first is a Cali rear-ender that's is slated for a styling change (traded a Vega for it in 83 before I moved to Kansas). I made a new butt plate for it with a brake/turn lens mod. Soon as I get my shop up (hopeing in 3-4 weeks ), "******" first, then "Rusty" (no paint, lots of surface rust: no prob!). I'll e-mail you my new address so when you are traveling, you can check out the new home for my "Toys". The shop will have 6 lots ('bout a acre) around it, lots of nice yard for a Opel gather. :D Man, I just can't wait!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts