Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today while loading stuff up for the scrap heap the mail lady dropped off a package to us addressed to my name. it was a set of "sun-bug" stripes for a VW-bug that i've been driving till the manta or my GT was up and going again. my dad is tickled to death as he's never seen the stripes before, the bug has been repainted before and they were no longer there. whoever did this really did not have to, please stepup as me and my father would love to thank you. the address it came from was the same as the websites address for the stripes, so thinking somebody bought them and just had them shipped here, i've narrowed it down to two of you good fellas but with so many great people here, its extremely hard to tell who'd of done such a wonderfull thing, please let us know who you are!!!!!

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Just a wee "Thank You"

Just a wee thank you for all the packages that you have been putting that 1.1 motor and gearbox in for me Jared! I thought it would be liked! ;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This is why I love this site!!:) You all are great and after today at work you have restored my faith in folks!! (It was a bad day at work if you can not tell)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we'll just say you made the old man smile today and actually get excited about paintin the bug, may not be able to get him into opels again, but atleast he's loving a german maker again! dad thought it was really neat how the group does things like the bug stripes, he's just used to hearing all the bad internet happenings and is beginning to see why i love this place, i'm gonna have to be sure to tell him you sent them jim, they just tickled his fancy. dad was thinking gene, since it appears his father worked at a VW place, but there was a "C/-" on the postal code, even tho it came from arizona, which i've only ever seen when i send you stuff jim, which made me wonder about you.

have any of those wee little 1.1 parts made it to your side of the pond yet? seems they should be due over anytime.

when dad gets home i'm surely gonna tell him who they came from, maybe i can get him to post his own personal thanks, if not i'll just relay, he's not big on typing with a keyboard, thats really great tho jim, many many thanks!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Jared;
I remeber the cars well, but, alas, I didn't send the stripes. At one time VW also sold Meyers Dunebuggys as new cars too. All turn-key cars. My Dad brought one of those home. WAYYYY COOOOLLLL!!!

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
did the "jeans" beetle get to the states? denim seat covers and door cards :cool:

my sisters first car was a 53 split screen one with 6volt electrics (not a jeans btw)

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
I don't recall the beetle with Jeans seats, but there were some Jeep CJ7's or CJ5's with jean interiors during that time period. I know, this is starting to go off topic :rolleyes:

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
its close though still beetle related :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jean interiors would be pretty neato i think. VW is really off subject but it IS in the open discussions forum, and is opel related since a great opel person got parts for the car as a gift.

trying to post pics of the bug but will have to try agan later.

Attachments

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
What I ment about going off topic was I started to talk about Jeeps.

Congrats on the stripes. We want pictures after they are put on :)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the pics gene, now we know where stripes even go!!! the bug we have has a different style dash, the top is just flat and isnt raised up for the speedo, and shiftknob was gone with AC when we got it. the origional interior it had matches the pics and descriptions on that website gene, its that same color with those same wheels and sun-roof. rather than the shiftknob, no sunbug logo on the car it appears to be just like the one pictured.

·
1,973 Posts
I'd take a gremlin over a pacer any day

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Wasn't a pacer just a pregnant gremlin? :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
those little gremlins are so ugly who could you NOT love them!?!?! its so ugly i'd be a proud owner of one. :rolleyes:

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
and to think the same people made the amx.. :rolleyes: .. nice looking bug ya got there jared.. make sure to take pics when you get those stripes on..

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
I forget the year but they did make a gremlin with a V8. Still ugly but it went away quickly. There is a person in town with 3 pacers in his yard. I think there should be a law about fencing that kinda thing in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts