Opel GT Forum banner

Are you going to the 2020 Carlisle show August 14th thru the 16th?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting here with nothing to do so I thought I would start a poll on how many Opel people plan to go August 14th thru the 16th.

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,138 Posts
I have my weekend pass paid for, but I doubt that I'll be going now. Not that I'm afraid of going, but, wearing a mask in that miserable heat and humidity all day long just doesn't appeal to me.
Rick

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
I'm on the fence really, again...could care less about the Covid stuff, just not sure I'm feeling it yet. I have a car I could pick up in Maryland, so might incorporate the two, we will see. Wasn't planning on selling parts this year anyways, except what I presold.

·
Opeler
466 Posts
It doesn't sound like there will be a big turnout and I agree about the restrictions being a drag on the event. Not that I disagree with the restrictions, just not conducive to a good time. 16 hours driving for a quick show on Saturday will be a pass for me I hate to say.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
I made up my mind these days to not go. Not because of the damn virus, I could care less about it. It's the nearly 800 miles one way, only to NOT see most of my friends up there? If somebody wants my fairground pass and the pre-paid hotel (Super 8 across from the Middlesex Diner, from Thursday to Sunday) from me, send me a message. First "I'll take it" gets it.

Dieter

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,402 Posts
Me and Jeff(probably) wear masks all day long at work and it's mandated outdoors when around people closer than 6 feet, so I(we) are used to the drill. I pull it down or just over my mouth when no one is around. It has now become an automatic reflex, so no big deal. I'm used to not touching ANYTHING. The concept works and NJ/NY are well on our way at holding the virus at bay. My fear is of those who are not used to the drill or who refuse to accept it. I can't trust them.

As I have said before, I live local and it's a nice drive, but it's August, so the weather will have to be pleasant. I'll only go on Saturday maybe. I'll stay to myself and avoid large group conversations. No trophies disappoints me, I enjoy competing for one. I might only stay for a couple of hours and split. Much simpler and safer to stay home and go to a local heavily precautioned car show.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
People who could care less about the virus would be enough to keep me away, though it's a bit too far for me anyway.

·
Administrator
10,048 Posts
I made up my mind these days to not go. Not because of the damn virus, I could care less about it. It's the nearly 800 miles one way, only to NOT see most of my friends up there? If somebody wants my fairground pass and the pre-paid hotel (Super 8 across from the Middlesex Diner, from Thursday to Sunday) from me, send me a message. First "I'll take it" gets it.

Dieter
I'll take it!

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts

Dieter
The room is gone, I can still offer a free show ticket (car pass).

Dieter

·
1,697 Posts
I do want to make Carlisle at least one more time but it is almost 14 hours one way for me. Let's see what next year brings when it is the National's site. Probably won't drive the GT again but may drag it out if attendance might be a record.

·
1000 Post Club
4,109 Posts
I will not be able to make it. It is the same weekend that my son goes back to college, about 100 miles north of Carlisle. I missed that trip last year due to an equestrian event. I promised him that we will be there for move in day.

I was also on the fence as the tires on the GT were purchased in 2001, so only back roads right now. No high speeds.

Yes, I wear a mask all day, but it is in Air Conditioned comfort, so that really doesn't count compared to August in PA.

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Opel Key Master
5,027 Posts
I have decided I’m not going to attend. I am going to DC this week, and probably not going anywhere else for the rest of the year it looks like. Kids start back at school the end of the month, and we want to see how that is going to be as well

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Just a little farther than I want to drive. As you can see, I live in Nevada, so Carlisle is out.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump back up!

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Vote changed :cool:

And again, there is still a free entry pass available.

Dieter

1 - 20 of 29 Posts