Opel GT Forum banner

Are you going to the 2020 Carlisle show August 14th thru the 16th?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I saw a sign " If You Don't Like the Mask, You Will HATE the Ventilator."

Alarming Statistic ; The USA has less than 5 % of the world's population, but has about 25 % of the world's C-19 Deaths.
Sounds pretty serious to me.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,402 Posts
A co-worker of mine pics up bodies for a local mortuary at $150 a pop. He made over $20,000 during the months when we were having it bad. His son, who is a nurse or something at a local hospital and lives with him, has relocated to the basement, so that he can avoid being in or touching anything in the main part of the house and he has his own private entrance. He strips off his hospital garb in the garage and bags it in biohazard bags, then has them washed by the hospital. He eats microwave and delivered food to avoid family dinners.

·
Opeler
1,169 Posts
A co-worker of mine pics up bodies for a local mortuary at $150 a pop. He made over $20,000 during the months when we were having it bad. His son, who is a nurse or something at a local hospital and lives with him, has relocated to the basement, so that he can avoid being in or touching anything in the main part of the house and he has his own private entrance. He strips off his hospital garb in the garage and bags it in biohazard bags, then has them washed by the hospital. He eats microwave and delivered food to avoid family dinners.
Werent you just at a car show this weekend? Stop trying to scare people. HaHa.

Karl

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
People who could care less about the virus would be enough to keep me away, though it's a bit too far for me anyway.
Hopefully all of the AZ group will get to Carlisle one of these years... Next year it's the site of the Nationals. We could do a caravan ... I can just see Roy in his 1.1 with no A/C driving about 5000 miles round trip.... I could loan him a tow dolly that he can tow with his Buick.
I'm having 2nd thoughts about going to Carlisle this year. I have up to the day b4 to cancel my room. Almost all of the regulars are skipping it so that makes the decision ez'r.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just cancelled my hotel reservations for the Choice Hotel. I'm going to have Cataract surgery on Thursday the 13th which I could change but since most of the regulars are not going and I am afraid of the Covid19 risks for Gerri and I, we've decided not to go.
I hope that those that go have a great time and that we get together next year if not before.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Craig , I'm not sure the drive to Carlisle with my GT is on my 'must do' list right now.
Not that I haven't taken long trips in a small low powered vehicle.
One that comes to mind is a drive from NH to NM in a new Super Beetle in the early '70s.
You may remember, that is the 'Bug' with the curved windshield.

Not to be forgotten are my rides North to Montreal and Trois-Rivieres and South
to Orlando and Daytona ( From Vermont ) on a 165 cc HD..:cool: 1959, Most speed limits 50-55 mph.
Those were the days my friend ! ...... How would I relate in Sturgis if I showed this week in a Buick ? ?

I did get to spend a day at Carlisle in 2010 after spending a long day at the Indy Museum and Track,
then driving on to Carlisle in the rain, with a nap or two in the car.
So here are a few pictures in memory of the Carlisle Import and Kit Car Show of 2010.
...Next Year ?

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts