Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....apparently getting my GT to work is not the only thing I seem to have problems with. I have tried for almost two hours to get my GT pics to uploaded to the members gallery and I still haven't gotten them to take. Every time I try to upload them I get an error saying that the file exceeds the max file size of "0 mb". :confused: If the max file size can't be over 0 mb, then you could not upload any photos at all because they would all be at least 1 mb or they wouldn't exist. Has anyone else had a problem with this or is it just something I'm not doing right (again)? Gary??Help??

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek: Oops.......just wanted to clearify that the error actually states that the max file size is 0 "kb", not 0 "mb". Still means the same thing though.......I can't get it to take my pics.:(

John

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
The max. "size" for photos in the Members Gallery is 1000 pixels X 1000 pixels and they must be in JPG format.

For a great, free graphics program that will resize and convert to jpg visit the Irfanview website.

Once uploaded they will need approval before they can be viewed. Let me know if you have further problems.

·
257 Posts
Gary,

I'm having the same problem. I resized my photo and it still gives me the 0kb warning.......The other photos I place on the site I didnt have to resize....

Stanley

·
Opeler
94 Posts
Stanley. I too had problems uploading photos. I got the warning as well. This is all I can tell ya. If you can pick a lower shooting resolution with your digital, do it. I normally shoot at a really high resolution and that's too much for the site.

This is what I eventually had to do to get it to work. When you develop your photos, crop as much as you can. That saves pixels and bytes. Then save it jpeg at the lowest setting you can. jpeg seems to use the smallest amount of bytes. Good luck and let me know if it works!:D

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
I did another upgrade to the Members Photo Gallery last night. There were a lot of changes and the pictures load a lot faster now.

I was able to post a test photo without problems.

If you are going directly from your camera to the upload, the pic may not be in a JPG format. The Gallery propgram will only accept picture with a .JPG extension. The Irfanview program mentioned above is an excellent program to crop, edit and convert to .JPG.

When you first go to the members gallery page do you have a 'Welcome, "username" 'at the top? When does that "0kb" warning come up?

·
257 Posts
The 0kb comes up when you try to upload. I tried resizing the photo again, it's small enough but will not upload. I'll try again later.

Stanley

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gary,
I tried resizing mine several times too and even tried to upload a photo that was actually smaller than the thumbnails just to see if the size was the problem and still got the warning. The upload screen shows that I am signed in under my name and everything seems to work right up until it starts to upload. It will pause for a minute or so as if it is uploading, and then gives me the error and tells me to go back and try again. My photos are saved on my computer and are .jpg format. Maybe we're missing something somewhere?
:confused:
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think I see the problem. I went to upload some photos of Emmy and noticed that on the FIB (fill in the blank) screen right where you enter the file path it says:

Photo to upload:
k file size limit. (<---- this is in red)

Notice there is no number before the "k". This means a 0k file limit. The moderator has to set the file size limit and perhaps it defaults to zero, or perhaps its a file bug, but that's why no one can upload and we keep getting the "exceeded file limit" error when we try to upload - right now the limit is set to zero.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had noticed that too Kristi, but I didn't know if that was how it always read or not since this was the first time I've tried to upload pics. You all aren't missing much anyway with my pics not posted. They are the "before" pics of my '70 GT and it didn't look too good then. I haven't got any updated pics yet, but she is in the process of being restored now. Maybe by the time the pic program is fixed I will have some updated pics to post. :D

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts