Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about manifolds

Does anyone know if the DGAS carb will work on in double on a pair of "sprint" manifolds, and if so what jets to start with. Any other suggestions for a pair of carbs that you can actually get parts for to use on the manifolds? I have a line on a pair of VW solex models that *should* work, but I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks in advance,
Stephen

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
They'll work, but they will need massive rejetting. The original Sprint carbs were 40 DFO's, and they have no power valves, since the Sprint manifold is an IR design (individual runner, no plenum). 40 DFI's are the same carbs, except for the top choke tower (Opel Specific). They're discontinued, but I got a set of them years ago (new) from a Weber place cleaning up inventory. I suppose you could take the 38 DGAS' and just remove/plug the power valve and jet it a bit richer.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DCNF?

VW air cooled type-4's (and Formula Vee's as a result) used a weber DCNF carb that I think I can get ahold of. They run from 32mm to 40mm in venturi size, and are set-up for individual runners. The set I have in mind is 32mm venturi, and the guy also has a set of the optional Solex replacement that was a dealer replacement part for a while in the 70's.

I'm seriously toying with the option of using them, mostly because the rebuild kits are $4.50 and they are available even from NAPA. I have to believe there would be a performance improvement over the DGEV, and the sprint manifold sure looks cool.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts