Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
They should work just fine. As long as you don't put big brakes on. The backspacing is a little shallow, but it will just push the wheel out more.

Minilights are supposed to be very good wheels.

Sorry, didn't realize you said Superlite. I don't know about them. Any weight listed or a site that tells more?

·
Super Moderator
14,062 Posts
Superlites are essentially the same design as the Minilites. There are two different companies though, one British, one Australian, but the wheels appear to look the same. Nearly the same weight as the Minilites too, but less expensive.

This offset will be pretty far reaching...probably okay for competition use, but will probably stick out a bit for the street without flares. Usually a 4" backspace is used on a GT with a 7" wheel.

Bob

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
so is bob saying that a 4 inch backspace is used on a 7 inch wide wheel. i'm assuming this is for a 13 inch wheel correct? and fi so can you turn lock to lock without rubbing, with stock suspension and ride hide, stock body, and about the same sidewall height as stock. i'm trying to get a wide wheel without changing the speedometer or ride quality...i know its impossable but i'm trying to stay as close as i can. my reason for staying with 13's, so i can have a taller sidewall still to dampen the ride as this will be a daily driver car. sorry to post this, seems like wheels and tires issues have been beat to death over and over but i just can't find a straight up answer, then again most people dont with this paticular subject.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
anything from anybody?

·
Registered
200 Posts
4" backspacing is the stock amount, it isn't a variable like offset. The amount of backspacing is where the factory set up the suspension so the bearings and steering work how they designed it. I have 13x9s with 4" of backspace which change the scrub on the steering and load the bearings wrong, they also stick out an inch or two from the body. You can't go with much more backspace in a 13" because it will interfere with the steering and suspension, if you went with a 15" wheel you might be able to get away with it since the wheel lip may be far enough out to clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.