Opel GT Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
881 - 893 of 893 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Cool vids Ron! Good to see you're taking her out for a spin. I'll never forget my ride to your place from the convention center a few years back. I hardly recognized you as your hair style is a bit different now :D.
Keep on Opelin',
Todd

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,426 Posts
My 4 door Kadett which was finished last year.. (both as a restoration and having my son do something to the motor) needs a motor now..

Really thinking of this conversion... Although the 2.2L would be easier.

Guess I will have to read 10 pages of posts to figure out whats all involved :)

The videos are real convincing though... Hmm...

Without going through 10 pages of posts.. can you wrap it up in an concise post. Like overall how hard was it.. was the FI wiring that hard.. would you do it again.. etc..?

In the meantime I will quit being laz and start reading though all your posts.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,426 Posts
WOW.. thats a LOT of work.. Not sure I have the paitence or skill.

Have to think about it..

·
Super Moderator
13,358 Posts
Glad to hear from you Ron. I was just thinking to myself the other day that you hadn't shown yourself on the forums for a while. Hope all is going well.

PS, you still have more hair than I do!:D

·
Super Moderator
5,713 Posts
Ron, those are terrific videos. You must be very proud of your children and grand kids, and maybe justifiably a bit proud of your GT. It is good to see you on the site again, and Myrna and I wish you all the best.

Hey, that GT looks like it needs a good run. Maybe a trip (or a tow behind the motor home) to Tacoma would do it some good. It's the 2009 Opel Nationals at Tacoma on July 18 weekend, should you and Margaret be so inclined.

And I like your new new hair-do. Too bad it isn't growing back dark brown and with curls, as I have heard it sometimes does. Now THAT would be a sight!:D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ron, Great to see you out enjoying the Gt with your family... When my grandkids were here I had all 3 of them in the Targa... the plus of having a back seat but I didn't get a video..
Hope to see ou on my next trip out west ....stay well

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Thanx for the kind words. I had a blast driving the GT and giving the kidses a taste of fair rapid acceleration. The adult neighbors enjoyed that also. Anybody in the area is more than welcome to go on a ride, predicated on how I feel at the time. This second bout of chemo hasn't really hit yet, I haven't had the usual side-effects, but then again, I've only had one session. I'll try and stay a bit more active on site. It's just a matter of getting off my duff and turning on the computer. Oh yeah, I also feel like my avatar, more so now than before. :D

881 - 893 of 893 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.