Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
That is an interesting site, it says that their disk packages fit the GT, it also has a link about a 24V conversion, but it is not ready yet.

·
648 Posts
Man, Wilwood sounds like the way to go. Much lighter calipers then stock or the BMW stuff, plus lots of different pad compounds available.
Any idea on cost?

James
new engine completed on stand!

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
The prices are on the site, they are in euro, which is about equivalent to the dollar right now. I'm not sure about shipping, probably $40-50 and it would take 4-6 weeks.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
oh sorry I only looked up the back brakes, which they do have prices for, I couldent find the prices to the willwood ones.....

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
Yes, I was wondering why people would buy brakes made in the USA, shipped to Germany, and then shipped back to the USA? Understandably, the mounting brackets and hats are specific to the Opels, but they can be made here easily enough. I've always just bought the Wilwood calipers here (about $120 each for billet Dynalite calipers), then made my own 'kits'.

Bob

·
648 Posts
Why?
Because most of us here don't have the equipment, knowledge, or talent, to build the mounting goodies correctly (and safely). Bob, are you sure you don't want to go back into the Opel HP parts business??

Bestus,
James
started unbolting the old one last night

·
Super Moderator
13,985 Posts
N61WP said:
Bob, are you sure you don't want to go back into the Opel HP parts business??
Okay, point well taken, I'll shut up now........:)

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
opelgt722002 said:
The prices are on the website __________________

What is the website? Rissemotorsports?
Not sure of the URL. The author edited out all his posts for some reason. We changed the editing time limit since then to prevent this from happening in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts