Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am just startin on this part of my gt the window channel rubber, does the window have to come out or can it be done with the window in on most vehicles ive done this on u have to remove the window to put the new window rubber in, just wonderin how others have done this task.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
i GUESS You could, but man what a pain to do.You have the door off, detach the cable at the window slider, remove about six screws in the top retainer (black piece at the window sill) the remove to bolts form the sill and two bolts at the botom underside of the door a take the window out, its that easy.then pull the old channel rubber out , remove the retainer clips (olive green) install on new channel, install channel being careful to trim it at the front outside rail just like the old one. and reinstall window in reverse order. If you line up all the screws and bolts on location that they where removed you should not have any adjustment problems, as long as you did not have them to be bin with.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i remove it like u say do i really need to take the door off? and how about the cable will that unwind or not?

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
No you don't have to take the door off or remove the winding mechanism. Take the door handle and panel off and roll the window down. There are 2 bolts that hold the glass to the winding mechanism, remove them and tilt the glass to remove it. Pull the old channel out and cut the new one to match. Make sure you get all the clips out of the channel for the gasket. Then put them on the new gasket and install. If you are replacing the window scraper on the outside of the glass, that requires carefully bending to open it up and lots of wd40 to lube the old one and the new one so they will slide in and out before carefully bending it back closed.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well today i did the install of the window rubber for the doors the weather stripping around the doors and one quarter window. thanx for all the tips i got, they really helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts