Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, folks. It seems that there are alot of Opels being sold at the moment. Myself, I'll drive my GT in the winter, except on snow days or possible ice conditions. I figure "Hey it's a German car!" and they have more snowy days than we do, so why not? Or, is it to buy the big holiday gift? Wife wants a more family-type car? Just wondering what ya's all think of it.

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
I think your right. When I was looking for a GT at the beginning of spring, there wasn't that much out there. Sure seems to have been a lot of them lately, even a few really nice ones. Is this a normal cycle?

·
Driver
987 Posts
I am all for driving them year round, but you notice that our cars are being bought and shipped back to Europe because of the rust free bodies. All theirs are rusting out and they can't find bodies this nice over there.:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
I daily drive my gt, no matter the weather (almost). We had a storm put down a few feet of snow and the gt held its own, even through some smaller drifts. Ice isint that much of a problem, just have to kind in mind its a light rwd car....with that in mind I was really suprised how well it behaves.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Basicall, Kmon, I believe you have the right mindset to drive in the ice and snow. A lot of folks think that just because they have a FWD car they can go almost anywhere. I keep thinking about the 5 1/2 years at Grand Forks AFB, NoDak, I got stuck one time when I was blown off the road in a blizzard. Never had snow tires on my 53 Plymouth or the 62 Impala, but enjoyed watching the "youngsters" bury their cars up to the axles when their snow tires dug trenches and they went nowhere. You should see the fun on our freeways when the tourists drive like they do at home when it rains here in sunny SoCal. General rule of thumb when it rains here, drive like you would on an ice skating rink. If you can control the car in that environment, then you can drive here when it rains. :cool:

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts