Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I hope this is the right place to post this question. My son has a '73 GT which is nearly ready for the road. However, the wiper motor gear is apparently missing one or more teeth. The motor turns but the wipers will only travel through about one full cycle before they come to a stop. If you nudge the arm a little, they start moving again but again stop at about one full cycle. I contacted a rebuilder in Greenville South Carolina who looked promising, but turned out he couldn't do it. An "A-1 Cardone" is supposed to be a direct replacement, but all the online sources we could find for it say it's no longer available. Here is a website which lists it and it does look identical: Manufacturer Info

So, we're stuck. Does anybody know of a rebuilder who we can send our wiper motor to or say an interchange replacement (e.g. '70 Buick ?? ) so we can get one from a salvage yard?

·
Super Moderator
9,778 Posts
I think there's enough people on this site that at least ONE person would have a suitable used wiper motor in their stash of parts that could solve your problem.

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
Used replacement

I have shelves full of good Used wiper motors, send me an email with your shipping address to: rodney(at)opelwerks.us and I will get the price of the wiper motor including shipping. I also have complete assemblies. And I have a warranty for it also.
rk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts