Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am connecting wires to where they belong inside the engine compartment and I have a big red cable coming off the solenoid (it is not the battery cable, but almost as thick) hooked up to nothing and I can't figure out where it goes or even if it belongs there. I am looking at the wiring diagram and still can't figure it out. They'll be other questions later i saw some other wires with no connectors or home.

Dave

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Sounds like the Cable that goes to the Starter if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like off the top of my head.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
there will be a cable from the battery to the starter solenoid, and then a sorta heavy wire, nowhere near as large as the cable tho, that also bolts onto the solenoid in the same spot. the "other" wire feeds all the power to the fuse block, which in turn leads power to everything else in the car.

·
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The solenoid is where this wire is originating from, which is on the starter, so I'm not sure. Maybe if there was a real good picture of an engine compartment, or someone close by I could take a picture of their car (New Jersey)

Dave

·
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was writing during the last reply. There is the battery cable coming to the solenoid, then the wire going back inside the car through the firewall, AND also this mystery cable!!!!!!!!!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i'd start looking for aftermarket things that dont belong on the GT, as there should only be 2 wires on the top stud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts