Opel GT Forum banner

Wow

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  opelguy69 
#1 ·
Well Emmy arrived this morning and I am just now getting home. (9:33 p.m.) I've been out cruzing all nite. She is FUN. She needs a lot of little work (back decals, new stereo, headliner, a good armor-all, new wheels someday) but she is a BEAUTY. I must say it was fun when I went over to my folks' house: the neighbor across the street came out and said "Well I'll be damned.. is that an Opel?" To which my dad proudly responded "Sure is.. I had one back in the day myself.." hee hee. And when I went to pull out from the stop sign about five 10-12 year old boys were on thier bikes and stopped me to ask what kinda car it was. When I told them I got the highest pre-teen compliment "Cool." lol. Of course without the power everything, when I came home and went to put my Lexus in the garage I about cranked it through the wall! LOL

As soon as I get photos I'll upload them in the members area. Maybe this weekend sometime.

#2 ·
Ahhh, another one drawn into the web of Opel Addiction! It starts out slooowly, but after only driving a few miles with that silly grin plastered on your face it gets into your blood. Then you are hooked!! Be careful Kristi, Opels have a tendency to multiply.

Gary
(6 Opels)

- Hi, my name is Gary. I am an Opelholic. It started back in 1977.....

#3 ·
Lexopel

Not that the GT needs it, but I think I have a power rack and pinion, as well as a couple of different power lock and window set-up's in the ole' garage. Add the remote starter I just got and the Opel might well rival the Lexus......

Or not.

#6 ·
Glad to hear you're enjoying the ride!

As for the steering -

If you plan ahead, steering is just fine. The 'trick' is to turn the wheels when the car is moving. My wife has this nasty habit of trying to get the wheels turned while the car is stopped - you need power steering for this. Maggie the Opel is non-compliant, UNLESS you get the car rolling. Put pressure on the wheel in the direction you want to go, then let the roll of the tires do the work!

Fatter tires are a bugger, tho - they add turning resistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.