Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Opeler
1,127 Posts
Imagine how good it would look without the front spoiler and original rear panel? That was done a while ago. Look at the stereo.

Karl

·
RunOpel
727 Posts
Wow that s a nice Opel. I wonder if Gordo is thinking of buying it :lmao:
Dan

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd love to have that car. It's only use for me would be as a garage queen car show car. It's way too lowered for roads where I live and I'd tear that humongous air dam off the first time I tried to drive around the block. Very bizarre partial blending of the front bumper into the body. I love those "stick out" tail panels. I've had a long term dislike of the vortex that forms at the back of a GT due to their concave tail panels. It causes the exhaust to swirl and throw black spit back at the tail panel. Every one of the 5 GT's I've had would get black specks from the exhaust on their tail panels. I would think that the vortex effect would be lessened with one of those protruding tail panels.

That paint job with matching paint on the wheels is what really makes that car work. If it was blue/purple/black I wouldn't like it nearly as much. I like bright colored GT's.

·
Opeler
1,127 Posts
Did anybody notice the rear wheels? The drivers side sticks out almost past the lip of the wheel well. The passenger side the wheel is tucked in.

Karl

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
13,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it's an optical illusion. It looks to me that the passenger rear tire has scrape marks on the side wall just like the ones you get when you're a wackadoodle who just has to have your tires flush with the outside of the car. The wheel wells were never designed for that kind of wackadoodlism.

:no:

·
Registered
895 Posts
The rear view mirror not gettin' any love? Partially "gated" shifter? Some interesting ideas put into that one. Very creative. The seats do seem to work well in the GT. Where is this one located?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts