Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Opel Newbie, Truck Oldie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time, I know...

I'm sure a good number of you have heard of (and probably played) the Gran Turismo series...

Well, the current car list for GT4 was just released...lo and behold as I scrolled down to the "O" section...

Opel Ascona
Opel Astra SRi 2.0i 16V
Opel Astra V8 Coupe Race Car ?02
Opel Astra Xtreme Concept ?01
Opel Calibra DTM Race Car
Opel Calibra Turbo ?91
Opel Corsa GSi OPC
Opel Corsa Sport 1.6i 16V
Opel GT
Opel Manta
Opel Speedster ?00
Opel Tigra 1.6I
Opel Tigra Ice Race Car
Opel Vectra 2.0 16V
Opel Vectra Super Touring Race Car
Excellent. :D

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
I have played to exhaustion each of the Gran Turismo games, and just recently purchased a driving sim game for my PC (Rallisport Challenge, I will post my impressions if anyone is interested... no Opels are included though). About an hour ago, I daydreamed that Gran Turismo 4 would be out soon and that it would include the Opel GT.

Talk about a dream come true!!! Where did you happen across this list?

·
Registered
84 Posts
oh, what a kick in the pants!

I just sold my PS2 about three months ago due to lack of use. I didn't think much of GT4, but with the Opel GT in there...oh geez, I'm jealous!

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
I AM THE GRAN TURISMO GRAND DADDY!!!!!! love all three of them games, and still have all three. well when i played the first one alot i never heard of an opel, when the second one came out i was dissapointed that they didnt have a GT, but was happy about the muscle cars, superbird especially. the third one, i got my hopes up wishing for a Opel GT, but only got astra, speedster, and a calibrea or however you spell it. finally i will never stop playing a Gran Turismo game after the first year!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU SONY!!!

·
Opeler
17 Posts
Hi!

I can't believe this. Is this really no joke? I ever want to drive a GT on a game. And now in GT4, i can't wait until I can buy this game. And in germany i have to wait much longer!:(

Bastian

·
Currently in Opel Detox.
78 Posts
I think I'll have to purchase a gaming system and the game just so that I can have an opel that I won't tinker with and leave it disabled in my garage for 3 months at at time.:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bret! you can come over and play mine. I'l be getting it. I bet you'll be disappointed that there's not a primer colored car to choose from.
Will the performance be close to the actual car? that might not be a lot of fun...i hope its really fast...

·
Currently in Opel Detox.
78 Posts
I really want them to give the Opel GT a "true" representation as to the norm.

I want one that definately shows bondo cracks smack in the middle of the nose where someone has parked thier rearend on top of a 10 year old body repair. T

The game must make sure the GT has the oddball tendency to self steer in the middle of cornering because the upper a-arm bolt has wallowed out the support member.

At any speed above 80, there must be wierd vibration that sporadically makes one of the 4 main power lugs in the fuse box come loose and the car turns on and off intermittently.

The GT must also have a random hesitation when it starts up from a stop at least once a month, then go away never to be heard from again.

Oh, and there can't be a passenger seat in the car, only a drivers seat that was once a passenger seat.
Also no headliner.

Then I will be happy.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i think we need to ALL send in pics of our GTs, and they can put every GT we have on the new GT4, therefore having real cars that are truely represenative to our cars. no offense rallybob, but please dont send urs in, you'd put us to shame with your racer-opels!!! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts